Friday, December 21, 2007

Who Needs A Gym?


I got my resistance training in at home. I didn't want to go to the gym with my head cold.

I now do five exercises at the strength-training gym: push-ups, dips, crunches, squats and pull-ups. I had to modify things at home because I don't have a pull-up bar or a pull-up/dip machine.

Push-ups, crunches, squats--no problem.

For dips, I did dips using a chair for support. Photo above is from exercise.about.com.

Pull-ups are the hardest to imitate without the equipment, but I did dumbbell exercises called (I think) bench rows, which work some of the same muscles of the back.

I did three sets for each exercise. I did work up a sweat.

Now, it's back to Christmas shopping. I'll also grab some Airborne, which BBM suggested, though I'm afraid I'm too late in the process of the cold for it to help much now.

No comments: